11.04.2006

Celebrate Life

WHOA...it's been a while since I've blogged and Debbie told me today I really needed to update it since the last post was so sad...Now on to a happy one.
I realize I have a lot of things to update on but for today I am going to talk about TODAY!

Debbie and I went to see Stacy Julian (one very inspiring chick) at the CK Scrapbook Convention in Bellevue. We attended her back stage party where we were blessed to receive her newest book - The Big Picture. If you don't have it - GET IT! Since I already owned this book I decided to have a little drawing for the girls on the CE (Creative Escape - you know the fun thing I went to in Arizona that I'll tell you all about later) Yahoo board! I asked who did not have this book and to let me know. When I got home tonight I had about 16 emails from girls telling me they did not own it and did not know why they didn't. So I put there names in a basket, had Wade draw a name and we had a winner...KRISTIN BRUNO (she's on the right) from New York. I love this girl. She is so fun & spunky and adorable and sweet. Here she is with her friend Karen at CE...aren't their shirts cute? They made them using a Heidi Swapp mask & iron ons!
Stacy had her new baby with her that she just adopted from Korea two weeks ago...precious! So not only did we get her book but we also had a bag full of goodies..Stacy's favorites and then as if that wasn't enough she did a drawing for 3 sets of 4 of the Memory Keepers albums she uses, Stone Creek mini totes & few other fun things.
So sweet! One thing I learned and LOVED and am going to do is us the Stone Creek mini tote as a Handwriting tote...see page 119 of her book. This is where you put all your handwriting tools so you can journal on your pages using your own handwriting...come on girls let's do this!!
Here topic was CELEBRATE LIFE...
She talked about how scrapbooking is self help. How Life is not a dress rehearsal. She is so right. We don't get to do this again, we get one shot at it so Celebrate it. Scrapbooking is mostly for us how we live scrapbooking every moment. Just because we are not doing an actual layout does not mean we are not scrapbooking. Walking thru Target is inspiring, getting ideas this is also scrapbooking...I must agree!
Stacy loves sprinkles...these are a standard staple in her home. I love sprinkles too but her family, they use them on everything not just the freshly decorated sugar cookies. It makes life more fun...
She really makes you see things in a whole new light...Love how she is so simple. That is my goal to get more done and keep it simple. I'm going to try sprinkles more and so should you...do it and tell me about your adventure with sprinkles.
I could go on and on and you would fall asleep at your keyboard so I won't.
But I am going to tell you this if you do not own her book go get a Joann's coupon and buy it. It is so inspiring.
Oh one thing I have to tell you, at CE Stacy wanted to know where she could get the {create} shirt I had on (the one's I had made for me & my roommates at CE) and I told her I had them made. Well I also just had one made for her and took it to her at the convention...You should have seen how excited she was!!! As soon as Debbie sends me the picture of the three of us I'll post it on here.
UPDATED - Debbie sent me the photo...here we are!!

hugs..
Trina

7 comments:

Debbie House said...

Oh my goodness....I ditto everything Trina just blogged. I'm sure glad my friend told me that we needed to take this class at CKC in Seattle today...she led me to a terrific class! Bonus for us.. Stacy signed our new copies of "The Big Picture"..(in HUGE writing I might add)...she is wonderful, innovative, and so full of LIFE! Our newfound Friend!!!

P.S. A HUGE THANKS to my Trina friend for my {create} shirt!!
I LOVE it!!
Debbie

Lindsay K. said...

I want one...hee hee!
Thanks for updating your blog. I was wondering how you guys were doing!

Talk soon!

browneyedgirl said...

Trina,
I wish I could've made it to CKC this year...but couldn't because I just attended a 27 Hour crop last weekend. Maybe next year...
Would've been great to see you again and Stacy too, of course. LOL

Mel

Becca said...

So fun!!!

I love Stacy too--I'd like her to be my neighbor, you know! ; ) So glad you decided to go here her speak again--SUCH an inspiration!

Miss you much.
Love you loads.

xoxo,
B

kath said...

How lucky that you got to hear her speak again! Glad to hear you had such an awesome time!

Kristin said...

Just wanted to say I LOVE MY NEW BOOK!!! SO happy I won it!! Thanks and that picture of me and Karen is so funny!!! Thanks again Kristin

plualum said...

hey girl! Long time, no talk! I was just cleaning out old email and found your link. Congrats on the baby! That is amazing! And I'm so jealous that you met Stacy!! How exciting! Hope to see you soon,
Heidi