1.04.2008

back to work...

First day back to work and I survived (barely)!! I did't sleep much. Woke up at 3am & then at 4am so I just got up. Olivia slept from 10:30pm to 5:30am when I went to get her up to feed her. She was so sweet to wake up. She never cries. Just arches her back and squishes her face. I can't get enough of it. I rocked her for a little while and got teary eyed about leaving her but I knew she would be fine - she stayed with Wade today. I was dressed and ready to leave when Wade got home so I got to work by 7:30...that is amazing for me you know. I run late normally but I have been pretty good since I've had Olivia (running on time and becoming a morning person - scary!) Leaving wasn't too bad since I left Livy home with Wade. Now if I had to take her to the sitter's I would have been a mess.
I didn't do much today. So many people were so happy to see me return. I spent the day trying to figure out how to work and where to start. WOW! So much to do. Thank goodness I have a wonderful boss who said I could come back 4 days a week instead of 6 (mandatory Saturday's in Jan to close the year). I called home to check on Olivia and all was good. Wade was a trooper considering by the time I got home he had been up for over 24 hours. I would have crashed.
It's back to work tomorrow then off for a day.
Take care,
T

No comments: